Why go to the dentist for head pain?
Ongoing and chronic migraines, tension-type headaches, and face, jaw, and neck area pain could be inter-connected. The cause could be unbalanced forces in your mouth that affect the muscles of these areas, leading to changes in the chemical and nerve reactions that cause chronic pain. Dentists have clinically proven devices derived from sports medicine that are used to assess, evaluate, treat, and relieve head pain.
What is TruDenta?
- TruDenta is a drug-free, needle-free, and pain-free system to provide long-lasting pain relief.
- The life-changing, therapeutic treatments have been effective in patients suffering from the painful symptoms of chronic headaches, migraines, TMJ/TMD, and many other painful conditions.
What should I expect from a TruDenta exam?
- A computerized measurement of the force balance in your mouth on a tooth-by-tooth basis
- A computerized measurement of the disability of your muscle movements
- Mouth movement measurements
With these easy and painless tests, your dentist can see what’s causing your headache symptoms. The remainder of your comprehensive examination helps you and your dentist pinpoint other related areas of mouth health, muscle health, tooth-related issues, and other potential problem areas that will be treated during your TruDenta therapy.
Only TruDenta dentists use this unique combination of assessment technology and education that often leads to immediate symptom resolution for patients.
What is the purpose of the TruDenta questionnaire?
- The head health history form allows you to detail all of your pain symptoms and concerns to your dentist.
- It covers your dental history, head pain symptoms, and any possible causes of your head pain.
- The more we know about you and your history of dental, head, and neck issues, the more likely we can help relieve your chronic head pain symptoms.
What is the TruDenta System treatment?
- In-office treatment involves a personalized program of gentle light therapy, electrical stimulation, muscle manipulation, and ultrasound therapy.
- Patients also follow a specific at-home continuing care program, with exercises to be done between treatments and an orthotic to be worn for a short period of time to provide control over their pain relief.
How much does TruDenta treatment cost?
The cost of TruDenta treatment depends on the assessment of your individual needs, but in general, TruDenta treatment cost can range from a couple of hundred to several thousand dollars. TruDenta practices offer flexible financing options to make TruDenta treatment affordable. Please visit our Costs page for more information, or contact our office to schedule a consultation.
Is TruDenta treatment covered by insurance?
It depends on your insurance carrier and policy. Please visit our Costs page for more information, or contact our office to schedule a consultation. Our team can explain your insurance coverage and/or financing options.
Is TruDenta right for me?
The TruDenta approach to headache pain relief corrects the nerve and imbalanced muscle function without invasive procedures. Whereas other common treatments stop at the physician’s office or pharmacy, the TruDenta System provides patients with an at-home care kit that helps put you in control. Only a TruDenta dentist can determine if this treatment approach is right for you after a thorough examination and evaluation.
Please feel free to contact our office to schedule an appointment.